The 12th BBCC – Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Conference
Naples, Italy, December 18-20, 2017
Since 2006, BBCC meetings are intended as the regional meeting for the bioinformatics community working in Campania. During the years, many editions were joined with tutorials and courses activities, or international workshops, thus hosting also researchers from other countries and communities.
This year the event is an international Conference favouring participations of foreign scientists to further expand the possibility of scientific interactions.
BBCC2017 is recognized as an Affiliated Conference of ISCB, the International Society of Computational Biology, and organized under the patronage of BITS, the Bioinformatics Italian Society.
The conference is intended as a meeting point for the international community with a focus on different topics related to bioinformatics and computational biology:
– Molecular Simulations
– Omics and Inter-Omics Data Mining
– Bioinformatics and Computational Biology for Biotechnologies and Industry
– Combinatorial Optimization in Molecular Biology
– AgriFood Applications
– Health data analysis
Confirmed invited speakers:
– Dr. P.L. Buttigieg, Max Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology, Bremen, Germany (supported by the BIOINforMA Project)
– Prof. A. Caflish, Computational Structural Biology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
– Prof. G. Lancia, Algorithms, Combinatorics & Optimization, University of Udine, Italy
– Dr. P. Liò, Department of Computer Science, University of Cambridge, UK
– Dr. P. Roman-Garcia, Industry and International Officer, Elixir-Europe, UK
A Supplement of BMC Bioinformatics will be edited by the Organizers of BBCC2017 after the conference. Other post-conference publications are in preparation.